i was up early this morning. we had some bad storms move through and i couldn’t sleep. i was scrolling through my phone. i saw a comment posted by an amazing fellow mommy blogger, maria. i connected with maria via a mom bloggers facebook group. she is bravely sharing her story of being a wife, mom of 3, and dealing with Postpartum Depression and Anxiety. i was reading her encouraging words and realized she nominated me for the blogger recognition award. i was overwhelmed with emotion.
i started blogging a few months ago. i kicked around the idea after graduating college years ago. i knew i wanted to focus on fitness, but just didn’t know where to start.
i got married, had kids, and started living life as i know it. i began to notice changes in my mood after the birth of my daughter, annabelle. i was previously diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder in college. it was something i learned to deal with and thought i had control over. fast forward to last year, and it began to spiral out of control.
my anxiety and ocd was taking a toll on my marriage and my ability to function as a mother. i was barely taking care of myself. i could not leave the house alone. i had an intense fear of driving. i could not travel long distances alone. we had many trips to the ER and specialists for shortness of breath–all unfounded. i received clean bills of health. i felt horrible, but nothing was wrong.
i was at my breaking point. i went to my doctor and therapist. we came up with some solutions and therapy. i am happy to FINALLY feel like me again. i wake up motivated. i WANT to leave the house. i WANT to go to the gym. i can take my children out ON MY OWN!
i am now crossing off goals one at a time. first goal was to put myself out here and start my mom blog. i love sharing my passion for fitness, motherhood, and health/beauty. my second goal was to prepare for a bodybuilding show. i dreamed of competing in figure competitions. with my newfound motivation and support from all those around me, i can’t wait to cross off this goal.
two pieces of advice for new bloggers
1) GO FOR IT. you have to just take the leap. start researching. there is SO much information. it can feel overwhelming at times. push through it. don’t be afraid to ask questions. i learn new things for blogging and social media everyday. i was hesitant to hit publish on my first post and go live. but eventually, you have to just go for it!
2) DON’T COMPARE TO OTHERS. i did this in the beginning. i see people writing about thousands of views a day. i thought to myself, “how in the world can i get there?” eventually, i told myself to stop. focus on ME and my blog. i find inspiration in others. there is no need to compare yourself to anyone for anything.
mom blogger community
i searched through facebook for mom blogging groups. i stumbled upon a few. i am so thankful for one in particular, Mom Bloggers Tribe. women have reached out to me. any question or concern i have, someone is always there to help. it’s an amazing group of mothers. i’ve really connected to maria because we share experiences with anxiety and PPD. when you find someone who deals with your worries/problems, you have this immediate bond. i will be forever grateful for this group of mothers!
with that said, i wish to nominate these 10 amazing mom bloggers (i know it said to nominate 15, but i’m dealing witha sick, grouchy 1 year old):
Parenting in the Real World by Stephanie
Sticks and Giggles by Sarah
The Autism Cafe by Eileen
Happy Healthy Mom of Many by Chantel
Adventures of a Young Mother by Kayla
Bright Little Mama by Emmy
Paperclips and Pacis by Lindsay
New Momma Survival by Natalie
The Whatever Mom by Roxanne
Mrs. Mommy Mack by Ashley
The Bloggers Recognition Award Rules for Participating
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Thank you for reading. And please check out these other amazing mom blogs <3