one of my two favorite cookies growing up was chocolate peanut butter no-bakes. this will sound like a brag, but my no-bakes are amazing. but i don’t need all the extra sugar, calories, and fat while training for my figure competition. i subbed in healthier ingredients and took out the refined sugars.
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Protein Cookies
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 scoop (30 grams) chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup pb fit peanut butter powder (mixed with water)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/8 cup truvia nectar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine and mix oatmeal and protein powder in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Combine almond milk, peanut butter, the truvia nectar, cocoa powder and sea salt in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often until cocoa powder is completely dissolved, and the sauce has thickened. Take the pan off the heat and mix in the vanilla.
- Next pour the peanut butter chocolate mixture over the protein powder/oats and mix until all pieces of the oatmeal mixture are covered.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I prefer to shape these into small, round cookies. You can eat them now or chill in the fridge. Be sure to keep any leftover in the fridge.
this recipe typically makes 14 cookies per batch. i will have these for a morning snack with a serving of protein. the oats keep me full and energized for the gym. this recipe is flexible. you can sub in different ingredients as you wish. i always use rivalus, but you can easily switch to any protein powder. make sure to check out my healthy breakfast recipes here. i’d love to hear different variations of your recipes. xoxo